I love smoothies. Not only are they delicious, but they’re quick & easy to make, and you can pack them full of nutrition. In my family, we drink a smoothie every morning for breakfast. Smoothies are also easily adaptable for any particular allergies or dietary preferences you may have.
You’ll notice there’s not a whole lot of ‘sweet’ fruits (like peaches, grapes, or pineapple) in my Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe. That’s because I stick to using berries & fruits, which have a low glycemic response. Only Bananas, Dates and Stevia are used in small amounts to sweeten up the smoothie. This is because you don’t want to spike your blood sugar in the morning, only to have it crash soon after.
This smoothie is designed to sustain you with good protein, healthy fats, and excellent nutrition to keep your mind and body going strong! I’ve listed a bunch of optional supplements to consider adding – We use a variety of them. With your gut as the cornerstone of good health, I can’t emphasize enough the importance of a good Probiotic every day!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie – Gluten Free & Vegan
You won’t want to skip Breakfast with this Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe. It’s made with only Whole Food Ingredients & is Gluten Free & Vegan… The entire family will love it!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 64 Ounces
- Category: Beverages
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
BASE SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 Cups Milk Alternative (1 cup per person)
- 1 Cup Blueberries – Fresh or Frozen (1/4 cup per person)
- 1 Cup Strawberries or Black Cherries – Fresh or Frozen (1/4 cup per person)
- 1 Banana – Fresh or Frozen (1/4 Banana per person)
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (1/4 Cup per person) -OR- 1/2 Cup Nut/Seed Butter (2 Tablespoons per person)
- 4 Pitted Dates (1 Date per person)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (1 Tablespoon per person)
- 2-4 Drops Liquid Stevia – or to taste (approx. 1 drop per person)
- 3 Cups of Ice (Approx. 3/4 Cups of Ice per person)
ADD-INS & SUPPLEMENT IDEAS:
You don’t have to use all of these ideas at once, just pick and choose a couple that suit your needs and taste. I’ve put an * by the ones I use.
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes* (2 Tablespoon per person)
- ¼ Cup Chia Seeds* (1 Tablespoon per person)
- ¼ Cup Hemp Protein (1 Tablespoon per person)
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder – Like Orgain*, Nutiva, Brown Rice Protein, Pea Protein (1/2 Scoop per person or per instructions)
- 1 Teaspoons Spirulina Powder* (1/4 Teaspoon per person)
- 1 Teaspoon Kelp Powder* (1/4 Teaspoon per person)
- Probiotics – PB8* or BioKult* (1 capsule per person – or per instructions) Adults can swallow the capsules, but mixing them into Smoothies works great for small children.
- Handful of Washed Spinach or Kale
- Sometimes we make ours a little more frozen & serve it as a Smoothie Bowl topped with Gluten Free Granola or Superfood Cereal*.
- In Vitamix, combine all Base Smoothie Ingredients plus any Optional Ingredients – except Ice.
- Start on Variable Speed 1, working your way up to 10, then to High – Use your Vitamix tamper to help push ingredients into the blades if needed.
- Blend until all ingredients are running smoothly through the machine and everything is well blended.
- Smoothie should be thick and creamy.
- Add Ice & blend again on high — Use your Vitamix tamper to help push ingredients into the blades until all ice is smooth. Smoothie will begin to set-up & create a very thick consistency.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is for 4 (16 ounce) servings, but it can be scaled to any serving size – larger or smaller. I’ve listed the individual servings in (parentheses) next to the ingredients above.
- Serving Size: 16 Ounces
- Calories: 300