For a limited time each year, McDonalds comes out with their signature ‘Shamrock Shake’, an artificial green concoction with so many unhealthy ingredients I wouldn’t dare feed it to my family. Not wanting to be a party-pooper I decided to come up with my own Healthy version of the shake so my family & I could enjoy the fun of drinking something ‘green & creamy’ in honor of St. Patrick’s Day or any day!
This Dairy Free Natural Shamrock Shake Recipe is so creamy & delicious… you won’t even feel like you’re missing out! Plus, it’s actually good for you!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:
This delicious Natural Shamrock Shake Recipe is Gluten Free & Vegan, and is so Easy to make. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any day!
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1 Frozen Banana (you can also add dates for additional sweetness if desired)
- 1/2 Cup Milk Alternative
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lime Juice (trust me on this one)
- 2 Stalks of Kale
- 1 Small Fresh Sprig of Mint – OR – 1 Drop of Food Grade Peppermint Essential Oils – OR – Mint Flavoring (to taste)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla (if you don’t like mint, you can use just the vanilla)
- 3/4 to 1 Cup of Ice
- In your Vitamix, combine all ingredients in order listed – except Ice.
- Start on Variable Speed 1, working your way up to 10, then to High.
- Once everything is completely smooth, add in Ice.
- Blend again (using the Vitamix Tamper if necessary) until all ingredients are running smoothly through the machine and everything is well blended.
- Shake should be thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- Top with Coconut Whipped Cream & Enjoy!
This recipe is for 16 Ounces, but it can be scaled to any serving size.
- Serving Size: 8 Ounces
- Calories: 120