Chocolate Ice Cream for breakfast? Yes Please! With this Acai Bowl recipe, you don’t have to save Chocolate for dessert! But don’t let the chocolate fool you… It’s full of energy! Great for Kids & Grown-ups, and Makes a perfect Post-Workout meal.
It’s Raw, Gluten Free & Vegan. For an extra boost, try adding in a little Kale, Spirulina or Coconut Oil. We top ours with Almonds, Bananas & Raw Superfood Cereal – But you you can get creative with other toppings like: Walnuts, Coconut, Fruit, Raw Honey, Granola, etc…!
The special tools featured in this recipe are:
- 1 Packet Unsweetened Sambazan Frozen Açaí Berry Packets or Powder
- 1 Ripe Banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa or Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Gelatinized Maca Powder
- ¼ Cup Almonds (or any nut/seed)
- 5-7 Drops of Vanilla Stevia - or to Taste
- 1 Cup of Milk or Milk Alternative (Coconut, Almond, Rice, Hemp, etc...)
- 2 Cups of Ice
- Flax Oil/Meal
- Coconut Oil
- Fresh Fruit & Berries
- Raw Superfood Cereal
- Raw Honey
- Coconut Flakes
- Nuts / Seeds
- Place the Frozen Acai, Banana, Chocolate, Maca, Stevia, Almonds & Milk into the VitaMix.
- Starting at Variable Speed 1 and working your way to 10, blend the ingredients until smooth - using your tamper if necessary.
- Add in ice and turn the VitaMix back up to 10, then 'High' immediately. Use your tamper to push the ingredients into the blades until the mixture is smooth.
- When it's finished, you should see 4 lumps form at the top of the container. Turn your VitaMix off and serve with optional toppings!
- Store leftovers in airtight container or popsicle molds in the freezer. The mixture can easily be re-blended in your VitaMix again.
In less than 5 minutes you can throw these ingredients together in the Vitamix!