Why is it that husbands get away with just a wallet and keys, while us ladies have to carry around purses filled with all the ‘necessities’?
Before children, I still carried a lot; but now my purse qualifies as luggage. I’m starting to re-think this whole purse thing…
Here’s what’s in my purse right now… seriously!
- My 24 oz Water Bottle – In my favorite flip lid Nalgene Bottle
- My son’s 12 oz Water Bottle – In a perfect kid sized Nalgene Bottle
- Wallet with: ID, Credit Cards, Checkbook, Photos, Receipts and at least 100 stupid membership cards (just one more punch and I’ll get a free something). Oddly enough, there is no actual money in my wallet – except for a few loose coins.
- Cell Phone, Case and Headset
- Sunglasses, Case and Microfiber Cloth
- 2 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer: One in 2 oz pump and another small keychained size.
- Pocket Sized Bible – Love this one from Amazon.
- Digital Camera (a Sony Cyber-Shot if anyone cares)
- Gerber Multi-Tool – With a built in screwdrivers, I use this all the time!
- Swiss Army Knife – mostly for the cool tweezers!
- Pack of Gum
- Mini Hairbrush
- 2 Band-Aids
- 3 Toothpicks in plastic
- Eyeglass Repair Kit
- Rubberbands – Both the hair and standard ones.
- Disposable Rubber Glove – you have no idea how many times I’ve had to use one of these (like the time my son peed all over the floor in Macy’s and I had to mop it up – Yuck!)
- Book of Stamps
- Travel Pack of 5 Toilet Seat Covers – compliments of my mother-in-law (she really knows me!)
- Hand Lotion
- 16 crayons – accumulated from restaurants (which I am removing from my purse right now!).
- 2 Sunday School projects from my son
- Note Pad
- Costco Coupon Book
- Today’s Mail
- and finally… a tampon! (even though I haven’t had a period in almost 10 years – see ‘our adoption story’ for more info on this)
I can’t even imagine if I had another baby or if I wore make-up! I’d have to upgrade to a full time pack-mule!! And I have a confession: Even though my son has outgrown his stroller, I often take it with me when I go shopping just to hold my purse!
I’m normally such a neat freak – I can’t imagine why I let my purse get like this… Perhaps there’s a 12-step program for this. I’d like to what you’ve got in your purse and perhaps you have a tip on how you’ve tamed the ‘purse curse’.