Looking for The Best Gluten Free & Vegan Chocolate Frosting Recipe that holds its shape and tastes amazing? This is it! All Natural, Super Easy & Perfect for Cakes, Cupcakes & licking off the beaters!
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Shortening
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla (Click for my Chocolate & Strawberry Frosting variations)
- 2–3 Tablespoons Milk Alternative (add in 1 Tablespoon at a time)
- In medium sized bowl (or in the bowl of your stand mixer), add all of the ingredients in the order listed and beat gradually from low to high until all ingredients are smooth and fluffy frosting is formed – This can take 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to scoop the frosting into your piping bag & decorate cake/cupcakes as desired. Be sure your cake/cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting.
Tips for achieving just the right consistency: Be sure to beat in the Milk Alternative One Tablespoon at a time to avoid a soft or runny frosting. If you accidentally add in too much, the frosting won’t hold its shape well. You can fix this by adding in a bit more powdered sugar.
If your powdered sugar has become lumpy or hard, I highly recommend sifting it before adding in the other ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 65
Keywords: gluten free, vegan, chocolate