This Perfect Pizza Crust Recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare in your Stand Mixer or Food Processor & can be topped with your favorite toppings!
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey or Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Dry Active Yeast (not quick or rapid rise yeast)
- 3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (start with 3 cups and add more as needed, set aside some extra for your hands and rolling out dough)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Seasoning to Taste (we like fresh cracked Pepper, Basil & Oregano)
- If you have a stand mixer (with a dough hook) or a food processor (with dough blade), this pizza dough can be made in under 5 minutes with hardly any mess to your kitchen.
- Place Warm Water, Honey/Sugar and Yeast in bowl of Stand Mixer or Food Processor and stir gently or pulse once to mix.
- Proof the Yeast for approximately 10 minutes & Let it sit while you measure out the dry ingredients.
- Once the Yeast is proofed, add your dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and turn on the stand mixer or food processor. The machine will do all the work, including the kneading and the dough should begin to form into a ball. Check the dough and if you think the dough is too wet, you can add a bit a flour – A little too wet is better in my opinion than a little too dry. Plus, the dough will loose some of its stickiness as it rises.
- If you made your dough in the bowl of your Stand Mixer, remove the dough hook and leave your dough right in the mixing bowl. If you used a Food Processor, place a tablespoon of olive oil in a large bowl. Take the dough out of the food processor (putting a little olive oil or flour on your hands will keep it from sticking); form it into a ball and place the dough in the bowl.
- Cover bowl with a clean, damp kitchen towel and let dough rise in a warm, draft free place for about an hour or until doubled in size. To speed up the proofing process, you can also place the covered bowl in your dehydrator at 110° for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven and baking stone to 500 degrees.
- Once your dough has risen, dust your hands and work surface with flour (and cornmeal if desired), then split the mixture into two balls and form with hands or rolling pin into pizza circle.
- Top with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- Bake on a baking stone in oven for 10-15 minutes until crust and toppings are evenly cooked.
- Once you remove the pizza from the oven, place on cooling rack and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
You can store any unused dough in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store in a Ziploc bag in fridge until ready to use. Let dough come to room temperature before proceeding. You also let the dough rise and freeze it for future use. Thaw in the fridge or for about 4-6 hours on the counter. Bring to room temperature before proceeding.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 280