This easy & delicious Raw Chocolate Frosting Recipe can be made quickly in your Vitamix Blender & enjoyed on your favorite desserts! Perfect for Raw Chocolate Pudding or Fondue!
- 3/4 Cup Cashews (this gives it the creamy, dreamy taste!)
- 5 Dates (pits removed)
- Just Enough Water to Cover the Soaked Ingredients in a Bowl
- 1/2 Cup Milk Alternative (I used Almond or Coconut Milk)
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Powder OR Unsweetened Cocoa Powder OR Unsweetened Carob Powder
- Place the Cashews & Dates into a small bowl and place just enough water to cover them. Let soak for approx. 1/2 – 1 hour.
- Once the Nuts & Dates are done soaking, drain the water and scoop them into the Vitamix
- Add the Milk & Vanilla, then give the ingredients a quick blend blend on Variable Speed 10 until smooth.
- Stir in the Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and blend again on High until all ingredients are smooth. You may need to stop & scrape the sides of the Vitamix once or twice until everything is evenly blended.
- Refrigerate for approx. 1 hour before using as a frosting or pudding. Use immediately if you want a warm Chocolate Fondue.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve & store any left overs in Fridge.
- For an extra Stiff Frosting, use less liquid.
If you’re allergic to cashews, try substituting them for Sunflower Seeds or SunButter!
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 30