This EASY Gluten Free Beef Stew Recipe is Hearty & Delicious! It can be made quickly in your Instant Pot or Crock Pot and ready for Dinner tonight!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion – Chopped
- 2 Pounds Stew Meat (Cut into chunks)
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (2 x 14.5 oz Cans, or 3 1/2 Cups Fresh Diced)
- 6 Large Carrots (ends trimmed, but not peeled – cut into 1″ Rounds)
- 8–12 Small Russet Potatoes (skin on or off – cut into quarters)
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock (I use 1 Store-bought Quart Box)
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (or Red Wine)
- 1 Gluten Free French Onion Dip Mix Package (or 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder, 2 Teaspoons Salt, 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder & 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pepper)
INSTANT POT ISTRUCTIONS:
- In InstantPot, add Olive Oil & Chopped Onions. Turn InstantPot to ‘Sauté’ Setting & Sauté until Onions are soft.
- While Onions are Sautéing, Rinse & Cut Carrots & Potatoes.
- Turn Off ‘Sauté’ Setting & add Remaining Ingredients to InstantPot. Stir all ingredients well.
- Confirm that Lid Gasket is seated correctly in the InstantPot Lid and secure lid in place. Also make sure Venting Knob is pushed back to ‘Sealing’ so it will seal properly.
- Press the ‘Meat / Stew’ Setting & That’s it! If you don’t have that setting on your pressure cooker, then select 40 minutes on High Pressure.
- If time permits, allow the InstantPot to Natural Release – Which takes another 1/2 hour or so. Otherwise, wait 15 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Remove lid & stir. Then Serve & Enjoy!
CROCK POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add all Ingredients to the Crock Pot. Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Cook on the ‘High’ Setting for 4 Hours, then Reduce Heat to ‘Low’ for an additional 2 hours. You can keep it on the ‘Warm’ Setting until serving.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in airtight containers (I use mason jars).
- This recipe is scaled for a 6-8 quart InstantPot or Crock Pot – Feel free to adjust the amounts listed to fit your pressure cooker or needs.
- You can substitute Chicken for Beef, add Celery or Other Veggies, or even Spice this recipe up to your liking!
- If you are on a strict Gluten Free Diet, please check your Onion Soup Mix packet ingredients very carefully – the Original Lipton Onion Soup Mix is NOT certified Gluten Free. Instead, I use Simply Organic French Onion Soup Mix or Make My Own to ensure that there is NO Gluten in this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 220
Keywords: InstantPot, Gluten Free, Recipe