Whether you’ve eaten it out of a can or had it homemade, Beef Stew is a delicious comfort food. My mom used to make this recipe for us growing up & now I make it for my boys. It’s an all natural, hearty & delicious recipe that whips up in less than 10 minutes & cooks totally hands off!! Best of all, it’s Gluten Free, and you know there’s no MSG or other additives when you make it yourself.
Traditionally, we made this in the Crock-Pot, but now I’m a HUGE fan of the Instant Pot which can have this Gluten Free Beef Stew Recipe ready to eat in less than 2 hours. We always prepare extra, so there’s lots of leftovers! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Lately we’ve been getting all of our Beef from Butcher Box. I was skeptical at first, but the quality & taste of the beef is better than anything we’ve ever eaten. I’m not a big meat eater myself, but with 6 boys in the house, Soups, Stews & Sauces are a great way to stretch my meat budget and keep them full!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
EASY Gluten Free Beef Stew Recipe – With InstantPot and Crock Pot Instructions
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Quarts 1x
- Category: Soups & Stew
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
This EASY Gluten Free Beef Stew Recipe is Hearty & Delicious! It can be made quickly in your Instant Pot or Crock Pot and ready for Dinner tonight!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion – Chopped
- 2 Pounds Stew Meat (Cut into chunks)
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (2 x 14.5 oz Cans, or 3 1/2 Cups Fresh Diced)
- 6 Large Carrots (ends trimmed, but not peeled – cut into 1″ Rounds)
- 8–12 Small Russet Potatoes (skin on or off – cut into quarters)
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock (I use 1 Store-bought Quart Box)
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (or Red Wine)
- 1 Gluten Free French Onion Dip Mix Package (or 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder, 2 Teaspoons Salt, 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder & 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pepper)
INSTANT POT ISTRUCTIONS:
- In InstantPot, add Olive Oil & Chopped Onions. Turn InstantPot to ‘Sauté’ Setting & Sauté until Onions are soft.
- While Onions are Sautéing, Rinse & Cut Carrots & Potatoes.
- Turn Off ‘Sauté’ Setting & add Remaining Ingredients to InstantPot. Stir all ingredients well.
- Confirm that Lid Gasket is seated correctly in the InstantPot Lid and secure lid in place. Also make sure Venting Knob is pushed back to ‘Sealing’ so it will seal properly.
- Press the ‘Meat / Stew’ Setting & That’s it! If you don’t have that setting on your pressure cooker, then select 40 minutes on High Pressure.
- If time permits, allow the InstantPot to Natural Release – Which takes another 1/2 hour or so. Otherwise, wait 15 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Remove lid & stir. Then Serve & Enjoy!
CROCK POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add all Ingredients to the Crock Pot. Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Cook on the ‘High’ Setting for 4 Hours, then Reduce Heat to ‘Low’ for an additional 2 hours. You can keep it on the ‘Warm’ Setting until serving.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in airtight containers (I use mason jars).
- This recipe is scaled for a 6-8 quart InstantPot or Crock Pot – Feel free to adjust the amounts listed to fit your pressure cooker or needs.
- You can substitute Chicken for Beef, add Celery or Other Veggies, or even Spice this recipe up to your liking!
- If you are on a strict Gluten Free Diet, please check your Onion Soup Mix packet ingredients very carefully – the Original Lipton Onion Soup Mix is NOT certified Gluten Free. Instead, I use Simply Organic French Onion Soup Mix or Make My Own to ensure that there is NO Gluten in this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 220
Keywords: InstantPot, Gluten Free, Recipe
Hi my name isRosemary. My husband I’d allergic to tomatoes and chicken and all chicken products, corn and all dairy products. What can we substitute for the tomatoes.
Allergies can be tough! I like red bell peppers and/or eggplants as a tomato substitute. For this recipe, maybe try 2.5 cups of diced eggplant and 3/4 of a cup of bell peppers in place of the tomatoes. If you don’t like eggplant, you might try zucchini instead. :)
If you are going for best contents like myself, simply visit
this web site daily for the reason that it offers quality contents, thanks