Most people think when you go ‘gluten free’, that you have to give up your favorite foods like, breads, pastas, desserts and more. But, you can use my Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix Recipe cup for cup in many traditional recipes… including a delicious Soft Sandwich Bread!
Unlike other Gluten Free flours out there that are grainy, dry & gross – The combination of flours in my Gluten Free Flour Blend work well together & produce consistently delicious results. To make it easier, my flour blend doesn’t require tedious measuring or weighing flours – you just mix up the bags & you’re ready to bake! Watch the video below to see how easy it is.
It took me months of testing various Gluten Free Flour blends to finally come up with the right combination that actually tastes good! Plus, I took into consideration top allergens (like corn) and inflammatory flours (like potato & sorghum) & left those out. The result is something that even my sensitive family can eat all together.
While it’s true that gluten free flour can never truly replace regular flour – You don’t have to sacrifice taste or texture when you substitute with the right ingredients… Most people will never know it’s Gluten Free!
Still not sure? Check out the growing list of Recipes: Gluten Free Soft White Bread, Pizza Crust, Hamburger Buns, Pie Crust, Banana Bread, Cookies, Muffins, & More! With this Gluten Free Flour Recipe, you CAN enjoy baking again! =)
NOTE: I buy all of my ingredients from Amazon.com (links below) where I use their Subscribe & Save program to save an extra 15%. With free shipping right to my door, it makes the ingredients substantially cheaper for me then buying them from the store.
Here are the Flours that make one batch & a perfect sized Storage Jar:Print
Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix Recipe
Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix Recipe – The BEST Gluten Free Flour Mix that whips up in less than 5 minutes! Use Cup for Cup in many of your favorite recipes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 18 Cups
- Category: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 Bag (24 oz or 4.25 Cups) Brown Rice Flour
- 1 Bag (24 oz or 4.25 Cups) White Rice Four
- 1 Bag (24 oz or 4.25 Cups) Sweet Rice Flour
- 1 Bag (20 oz or 4.5 Cups) Tapioca Flour (aka Tapioca Starch)
- 2 1/2 TBSP (0.8 oz) Xanthan Gum
- (this is the gluten replacer – you can often get it cheaper at Vitacost – one bag will make 10 batches, so be sure to store remainder in an airtight container)
- Pour all of the ingredients into an extra large bowl and mix until well incorporated – this will take about 3-5 minutes with a whisk. Do not skimp on the mixing… otherwise, the ingredients will not be blended appropriately and will not achieve the same results.
- Store flour in an airtight container. My favorite storage jars are these 5L Glass Jars with Snap Lids – they fit a batch of this flour perfectly!
I use this combination of flours because it seems to be the least irritating to even the most sensitive stomachs & allergies.
I use Bob’s Red Mill for all the ingredients. Of course, you can always grind your own flours in the VitaMix, but it can be very difficult to duplicate the smooth texture of stone ground.
If you are sensitive to the Tapioca Flour/Starch, you can replace it with Potato Starch (NOT Potato flour).
- Serving Size: 1/4 Cup
- Calories: 160