I’ve had a lot of requests for mainstream recipes that can be swapped 1 for 1 with my ‘Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour’ Mixture… with many of those requests being for a traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
I know these have ‘real’ sugar in them (*gasp!*), but if you want a taste like the original Nestle Recipe – which also maintains a soft & moist consistency, then this recipe will get the job done! If you’re not sensitive to dairy, feel free to use real butter – I’m sure the taste would only improve.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my handsome little crew did.
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:
Here’s a link to the original recipe on the Nestle website and here’s my Gluten Free modified version:
Gluten Free Toll House Cookie Recipe
A Gluten Free & Vegan Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe… No one will ever know!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 48-60 Cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 2 1/4 cups Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix *
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder *
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks of Butter (or 3/4 Butter Alternative* – I use Melt or Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar (I use evaporated cane juice)
- 3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (or 1/3 Cup Applesauce*)
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips (I only used 1 Cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Mix, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt in small bowl.
- Beat Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar and Vanilla in a stand mixer or in large bowl until creamy.
- Add Eggs, beating well.
- Gradually beat in Flour Mixture.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips and Nuts.
- If you are making the Vegan version of these, I highly suggest you chill the cookie dough at this point for at least 30 minutes – the results are much better!
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets (I use parchment paper).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- For a Grain Free Option, try substituting Almond Flour for the Flour in this Recipe.
* = my modifications to the original recipe
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 78