A Gluten Free & Vegan Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe… No one will ever know!
- 2 1/4 cups Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix *
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder *
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks of Butter (or 3/4 Butter Alternative* – I use Melt or Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar (I use evaporated cane juice)
- 3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (or 1/3 Cup Applesauce*)
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips (I only used 1 Cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Mix, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt in small bowl.
- Beat Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar and Vanilla in a stand mixer or in large bowl until creamy.
- Add Eggs, beating well.
- Gradually beat in Flour Mixture.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips and Nuts.
- If you are making the Vegan version of these, I highly suggest you chill the cookie dough at this point for at least 30 minutes – the results are much better!
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets (I use parchment paper).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- For a Grain Free Option, try substituting Almond Flour for the Flour in this Recipe.
* = my modifications to the original recipe
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 78