Chicken Pot Pie has always been a comfort food for me. So one day when the kids were all sick at, I put together this Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe for them. It immediately became a family favorite & now we enjoy it all the time… not just when we’re sick. The Crust is light & flakey, and the Filling is delicious – you won’t even know it’s Gluten Free!
You can prepare this Pot Pie with just about any meat, or none at all. And the veggies can range from frozen to whatever’s fresh at your farmers market! Best of all, I make it with my Gluten Free Pie Crust so all of us can eat together. It freezes fantastically & can be prepared in bulk so you can have it ready for dinner in a pinch!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is light & flakey and delicious! You can scale this recipe for bulk preparation.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 9" Pie or 6-8 Slices
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 Uncooked Pie Crust – Top & Bottom Crusts. Here are my Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe or Gluten Free & Vegan Pie Crust Recipe
- 2 Fresh or Frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts or Thighs (Boiled & Cubed or Shredded) – Feel free to use your favorite meat, or make it Vegetarian!
- 4 Cups (32 oz) of Chicken Broth/Stock
- 3 Cloves Garlic – minced
- 1/2 Sweet Onion – chopped
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Stalk Celery – sliced thin
- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Veggie Mix (peas, carrots, corn, green beans, edamame, etc…)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Boil Chicken in the Chicken Broth in a large pot until Chicken is done. Then shred or cube Chicken into small pieces.
- In Deep Fry Pan, Sauté Garlic & Onion in Olive Oil until soft.
- Add Celery & Fresh/Frozen Veggies to Sauté and stir until well mixed and warm.
- Add Sauté Ingredients to the Chicken & Remaining broth from what you boiled the Chicken in, and stir until mixture returns to boil.
- Add in Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour 1 Tablespoon at a time until mixture is thick.
- Pour into prepared Gluten Free Pie Crust Shell & Top with Gluten Free Pastry Crust.
- Place prepared Chicken Pot Pie on Foil Lined Baking Sheet to catch any boil-over & mess.
- Cut 4 small slits in top center, and bake at 425 degrees until crust is golden brown. Approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve. Tastes great hot or cold.
- Store leftovers in airtight container for up to 3 days in fridge.
BULK PREPARATION & FREEZING:
- You can easily prepare this recipe in bulk – I usually make 4 at a time. I cook 1 for dinner and freeze the others without cooking them. There’s no need to defrost the Pot Pie before placing it in the oven at 425 for 45 min – 1 hour. I generally test the center with my thermometer to make sure the center is thoroughly thawed and reaches at least 100 degrees.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 100
Freeze Uncooked Pot Pies & Cook them Later!