This Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is light & flakey and delicious! You can scale this recipe for bulk preparation.
- 1 Uncooked Pie Crust – Top & Bottom Crusts. Here are my Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe or Gluten Free & Vegan Pie Crust Recipe
- 2 Fresh or Frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts or Thighs (Boiled & Cubed or Shredded) – Feel free to use your favorite meat, or make it Vegetarian!
- 4 Cups (32 oz) of Chicken Broth/Stock
- 3 Cloves Garlic – minced
- 1/2 Sweet Onion – chopped
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Stalk Celery – sliced thin
- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Veggie Mix (peas, carrots, corn, green beans, edamame, etc…)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Boil Chicken in the Chicken Broth in a large pot until Chicken is done. Then shred or cube Chicken into small pieces.
- In Deep Fry Pan, Sauté Garlic & Onion in Olive Oil until soft.
- Add Celery & Fresh/Frozen Veggies to Sauté and stir until well mixed and warm.
- Add Sauté Ingredients to the Chicken & Remaining broth from what you boiled the Chicken in, and stir until mixture returns to boil.
- Add in Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour 1 Tablespoon at a time until mixture is thick.
- Pour into prepared Gluten Free Pie Crust Shell & Top with Gluten Free Pastry Crust.
- Place prepared Chicken Pot Pie on Foil Lined Baking Sheet to catch any boil-over & mess.
- Cut 4 small slits in top center, and bake at 425 degrees until crust is golden brown. Approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve. Tastes great hot or cold.
- Store leftovers in airtight container for up to 3 days in fridge.
BULK PREPARATION & FREEZING:
- You can easily prepare this recipe in bulk – I usually make 4 at a time. I cook 1 for dinner and freeze the others without cooking them. There’s no need to defrost the Pot Pie before placing it in the oven at 425 for 45 min – 1 hour. I generally test the center with my thermometer to make sure the center is thoroughly thawed and reaches at least 100 degrees.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 100