This Gluten Free and Keto Pancake Recipe really hits the spot. It also goes well with fresh fruit and maple syrup (if Keto isn’t your thing or if you’re not always strict about it).
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Psyllium Husks
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil (or butter if you can handle it)
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- Measure out all dry ingredients (except the optional sugar) into mixing bowl (or preferably a stand mixer) and stir until well combined.
- Measure out milk, beat the egg, prep melted coconut oil (or butter).
- Add all the wet ingredients into mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and quickly start mixing with your hand mixer so the coconut oil/butter doesn’t have time to harden from the cold milk and egg.
- Mix well, scraping bowl with spatula as necessary. The “batter” will be quite thick. (30 seconds, scrape, 15 seconds if using a stand mixer).
- Cook in pre-heated skillet on medium-low heat until nicely golden on each side.
- Dust with icing sugar and “serve” (with or without fresh fruit and/or syrup).
• You may need to shape them carefully in the pan (if you prefer a traditional pancake thickness and shape…).
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake
- Calories: 117
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Protein: 4