A perfect Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding Recipe made with your favorite Milk Alternative. A delicious substitute in all your favorite pudding & pie recipes. Nut Free, Dairy Free & Vegan.
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 6 Tablespoons Corn Starch or Tapioca Starch
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Cups Milk Alternative like Coconut or Almond Milk (I like it a little bit creamier & substitute 1/2 Cup of the Milk for Full Fat Coconut Cream)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together Dry Ingredients until smooth & lump free.
- Over Medium Heat, Slowly pour & whisk Milk & Vanilla into the saucepan.
- Continue to whisk until pudding is well blended.
- Stir pudding constantly as mixture thickens over heat. Scrape the bottom of the pan as you go, so it doesn’t set & burn.
- Once pudding begins to break bubbles at the surface (approx. 10 minutes), stir & cook for 1-2 minutes more and remove from heat.
- Let pudding set for 1-2 minutes & then pour into you prepared pie shell or cups.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
Works perfectly as Pudding Pops, Layered Parfaits & Fruit Dip!
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Calories: 170