This Gluten Free & Vegan Spice Apple Cider Cookie Recipe is perfect for baking & sharing during the holiday season. They’re like a little sip of holiday cheer, but in a delicious cookie!
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter Alternative (or you can use regular butter)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Granny Smith Apples (Approx. 2 apples – peeled & cored)
- Zest from 1 Orange
- 2 1/2 Cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour (you can also use Bob’s regular All Purpose Flour with the same delicious results)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (cinnamon, ginger, cloves & nutmeg)
- 1/4 Teaspoon All Spice (only add if your Pumpkin Pie Spice doesn’t have it)
APPLE CIDER DRIZZLE TOPPING:
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 Teaspoon Clove (approx. 2 pinches)
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 2–4 Teaspoons Apple Cider or Apple Juice (add in 1 teaspoon at a time until desired thickness is reached)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment – Set Aside
- Core & Peel 2 Granny Smith Apples, then Shred with cheese grater so that you make enough to firmly pack 1 measuring cup. This takes approx. 2 medium sized apples.
- Wash & Zest 1 Orange
- In mixing bowl, mix together Wet Ingredients adding in the Shredded Apple & Orange Zest last. Mix again until well blended.
- Whisk together Dry Ingredients & gradually add into your Wet Mix.
- Mix on Medium-High Speed until dough is well blended.
- Scoop rounded cookie dough onto prepared Cookie Sheet & Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven & transfer cookies onto cooling rack. Cool completely before adding the drizzle topping.
- While cookies are cooling, whisk together all of the Apple Cider Drizzle Topping Ingredients. Place in a piping bag or a small baggie with a tiny corner snipped for piping. Drizzle the topping over the cookies, allowing them to set for 20 minutes before storing.
- You can bake the cookies a little longer for a crispier cookie that’s perfect for dunking!
- Store cookies in airtight container for 2 days at room temperature, or longer in the fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 90