Please note that this post has been sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill… They share my love for baking & the joy it brings to those around us. The links included in this post will take you directly to their website – including a special link for $1 off any of their products.
My mother-in-law is always doing little acts of kindness for people who might otherwise go unrecognized. One of my favorites things she does is to bake a little batch of homemade cookies & leave them for some unsuspecting person… Which includes leaving treats for the garbage men to find when picking up her trash! She may not always get to see their reaction, but the enjoyment she gets from baking for others is evident by the love she pours into it.
I believe there’s something deeper that happens when you bake for others. We recently made a batch of these Gluten Free & Vegan Spiced Apple Cider Cookies and brought them to a neighbor who just lost her husband. During our visit, we shared our cookies, listened to her favorite memories, talked about her grandchildren, and hugged her tightly as we left. Who knew that a small gift of homemade cookies could open the door to so much more?
This Gluten Free & Vegan Spiced Apple Cider Cookie Recipe is perfect for baking & sharing during the holiday season. They’re like a little sip of holiday cheer, but in a delicious cookie. In honor of my mother-in-law, I want to challenge you to bake a batch of cookies & share them with someone in your life, community, or even the garbage man! =) If you do, I’d love to hear about how it went.
If you don’t have my Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Mix on hand (which uses all Bob’s Red Mill Products), then try Bob’s Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour – it will work perfectly in this recipe. For those of you that don’t require a gluten free cookie, then Bob’s Regular Organic All Purpose Flour can be used with the same delicious results!
Bob’s Red Mill understands how small acts of kindness (like baking cookies for others) can make the world around us a little brighter. Plus, I think their Gluten Free ingredients are simply the best! They’re even sharing a $1 off coupon for you to use on ANY of their products – be sure to print yours before heading to the store!Print
Gluten Free & Vegan Spiced Apple Cider Cookie Recipe
This Gluten Free & Vegan Spice Apple Cider Cookie Recipe is perfect for baking & sharing during the holiday season. They’re like a little sip of holiday cheer, but in a delicious cookie!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Category: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter Alternative (or you can use regular butter)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Granny Smith Apples (Approx. 2 apples – peeled & cored)
- Zest from 1 Orange
- 2 1/2 Cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour (you can also use Bob’s regular All Purpose Flour with the same delicious results)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (cinnamon, ginger, cloves & nutmeg)
- 1/4 Teaspoon All Spice (only add if your Pumpkin Pie Spice doesn’t have it)
APPLE CIDER DRIZZLE TOPPING:
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 Teaspoon Clove (approx. 2 pinches)
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 2-4 Teaspoons Apple Cider or Apple Juice (add in 1 teaspoon at a time until desired thickness is reached)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment – Set Aside
- Core & Peel 2 Granny Smith Apples, then Shred with cheese grater so that you make enough to firmly pack 1 measuring cup. This takes approx. 2 medium sized apples.
- Wash & Zest 1 Orange
- In mixing bowl, mix together Wet Ingredients adding in the Shredded Apple & Orange Zest last. Mix again until well blended.
- Whisk together Dry Ingredients & gradually add into your Wet Mix.
- Mix on Medium-High Speed until dough is well blended.
- Scoop rounded cookie dough onto prepared Cookie Sheet & Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven & transfer cookies onto cooling rack. Cool completely before adding the drizzle topping.
- While cookies are cooling, whisk together all of the Apple Cider Drizzle Topping Ingredients. Place in a piping bag or a small baggie with a tiny corner snipped for piping. Drizzle the topping over the cookies, allowing them to set for 20 minutes before storing.
- You can bake the cookies a little longer for a crispier cookie that’s perfect for dunking!
- Store cookies in airtight container for 2 days at room temperature, or longer in the fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 90