I love Oatmeal Cookies. I’ve always felt like they’re a perfect snack when you feel like something sweet, but want something that will actually fuel your body & fill you up.
While Oats themselves have always been gluten free, it’s very common for other grains to cross-contaminate them during processing. So, if your package of Oats doesn’t say ‘Gluten Free’, then don’t use them! It’s important that you buy Certified Gluten Free Oats. I like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats – They’re my go-to brand for almost all of my Gluten Free flours & dry ingredients.
Two of my kiddos cannot eat Oats, so if you need a completely Oat Free cookie recipe, that still has the heartiness of a traditional Oatmeal Cookie, then you’ll want to try my Gluten Free & Vegan Hearty Non-Oatmeal Cookie Recipe (over here).
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:
This Gluten Free & Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipe is an adaptation of my long-time favorite cookie recipe called ‘Quaker’s Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies’. I’ve made them so many times over the years, that I know the recipe by heart! I love how flexible the options are for adding or leaving-out extra ingredients to customize the cookie to your taste.Print
The BEST Gluten Free & Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
This Gluten Free & Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipe is both Easy & Delicious. A hearty cookie that’s perfect for dessert, post workout, or snacking on anytime!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-5 dozen
- Category: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 Cups Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder (if using Applesauce in place of Eggs)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Oats – Uncooked (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Butter Alternative (I like the sticks by Melt)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce (or 2 Eggs)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (or other nuts)
- Line Cookie Sheets with Parchment Paper or Non-Stick Mat.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- In Small Bowl, whisk together Dry Ingredients & Set-Aside.
- In bowl of Stand Mixer, beat Butter Alternative & Sugars until creamy.
- Add in Applesauce (or eggs if using), and Vanilla. Beat well.
- Add in your combined Dry Ingredients & Beat Well.
- Mix in your Optional Add-In Ingredients.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets spaced a minimum of 1″ apart. I can usually get 12 onto one cookie sheet at a time. My favorite Cookie Scoop is a Size #40 (like this one).
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven & let cookies rest for 1 minute before transferring them to cool on a wire rack.
Store cookies in an airtight container or zip bag. You can also keep them in the fridge or freezer to even last longer.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120