Oatmeal Cookies are SO good, but for many people with allergies or special diets, eating oats is off limits. Two of my kiddos are very sensitive to grains & can’t eat oats… So, I modified my favorite Gluten Free & Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipe (over here) to come up with a Cookie Recipe that was still Hearty & Filling, but totally Oat-Free.
This Gluten Free & Vegan Hearty Non-Oatmeal Cookie Recipe is delicious & easy to make. It’s a perfect solution to satisfy your cookie craving & need for a hearty snack. You can customize the optional extra ingredients to your liking or dietary needs.
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
This Gluten Free & Vegan Hearty Cookie Recipe is just like eating an Oatmeal Cookie, but without the Oats. Perfect for snacking, dessert, or a post workout pick-me-up!
- 2 1/4 Cups Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda (if using Applesauce in place of Eggs)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Shredded Coconut – Unsweetened
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Butter Alternative (I like the sticks by Melt)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce (or 2 Eggs)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (or other nuts)
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (I like the Enjoy Life Mini Chips)
- Line Cookie Sheets with Parchment Paper or Non-Stick Mat.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- In Small Bowl, whisk together Dry Ingredients & Set-Aside.
- In bowl of Stand Mixer, beat Butter Alternative & Sugars until creamy.
- Add in Applesauce (or eggs if using), and Vanilla. Beat well.
- Add in your combined Dry Ingredients & Beat Well.
- Mix in your Optional Add-In Ingredients.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets spaced a minimum of 1″ apart. I can usually get 12 onto one cookie sheet at a time. My favorite Cookie Scoop is a Size #40 (like this one).
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven & let cookies rest for 1 minute before transferring them to cool on a wire rack.
Store cookies in an airtight container or zip bag. You can also keep them in the fridge or freezer to even last longer.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120