These classic waffles are a fantastic way to enjoy fresh seasonal fruit, but they’re great on their own too!
- 1 egg (or egg replacement)
- 3/4 cup of milk (or oatmilk or other milk replacement)
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of Erika’s GF Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
Preheat waffle iron.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla.
Add the flour and a sugar and mix well with a whisk until fully combined. If using, stir in the coconut.
Spoon in approximately ¼ – ½ cup batter in to the hot waffle iron.
Cook waffles on high until golden or about 5-6 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings.
- The coconut in this recipe is very subtle and adds a touch of sweetness and moisture to these delicious gluten free waffles.