Put that Vitamix to good use & Make Hummus! This quick Garlic & Olive Hummus Recipe is so easy & will teach you How to Make Hummus in a Vitamix in less than 5 minutes!
- 2 Cans (15 oz each) of Garbanzo Beans (drained – but save that brine for future use)
- 1 Can (5-6 Oz) Black Olives PLUS reserve half can of the Olive Juice (approx. 1/2 cup) – drain half liquid from can – reserve the rest for recipe.
- 1/3 Cup Whole Sesame Seeds (or Tahini)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice (or juice from approx. 2 Fresh Lemons)
- 1 Fresh Clove of Garlic (peeled)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (I use Himalayan Pink Salt -which is a little less salty)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients in your Vitamix & blend on Variable speed 10 / High until completely smooth – approx. 30-60 seconds. Use your tamper to push everything down into the blades for a more even blend.
- Using a Spatula or Scraper, place Hummus into serving dish or glass storage container with airtight lid. You can serve the Hummus immediately, or keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 25