Your Vitamix can do much more than make smoothies… It can also make Flax Meal or Flour out of Whole Flax Seeds. Here’s How to Make Your Own Flax Meal in the Vitamix with Video Tutorial.
- 1/2 Cup Flax Seeds (any colored flax seeds will work)
- If your Flax Seeds haven’t been in the Fridge or Freezer, you may consider placing them into the Freezer for 15-30 minutes before blending them to avoid overheating the oils.
- Place the Flax Seeds into the VitaMix
- Give the seeds a quick blend Starting at Variable Speed 1, Working your way quickly to Variable Sped 10, and on to High.
- After you start to see the Flax Seeds crush into meal, stop the VitaMix and give the Flax a quick stir with the blunt edge of a knife or spatula. This will make sure that everything is blended evenly.
- Repeat the blending steps again, but very quickly and for just a few seconds. You do not want to over process the Flax.
- Store any unused Flax Meal in an airtight container in the Fridge or Freezer.
Flax can go rancid very quickly – especially once they have been ground. I highly recommend that you store Flax in the Fridge or Freezer to extend it’s shelf life.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 55