A natural spin on a classic dessert… This Natural Orange Creamsicle Recipe is Gluten Free, Vegan & Sugar Free! It whips up in less than 5 minutes in your Vitamix.
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews – Soaked for 1/2 Hour (then drain)
- 4–5 Pitted Dates – Soaked for 1/2 Hour (then drain)
- 2 Whole Oranges (peeled – no need to de-seed them if you’re using a Vitamix)
- Juice from 1/2 Lime
- 2 Cups Milk Alternative (you can also use Dairy)
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8 Drops of Liquid Stevia (or to taste)
- 2–3 Drops of Food Grade Essential Oil (or to taste), or 1/4 tsp Orange Extract, or Zest from Orange Peel
BLEND IN LAST:
- 3 Cups of Ice
- Soak your Cashews & Dates in the Vitamix Container with just enough water to cover them. Soak for about 30 minutes (this step isn’t required, but it does make it a bit creamier & easier to blend)
- In Vitamix, combine all the remaining ingredients in order listed – except Ice.
- Start on Variable Speed 1, working your way up to 10, then to High.
- Once everything is completely smooth, add in Ice.
- Blend again (using the Vitamix Tamper if necessary) until all ingredients are running smoothly through the machine and everything is well blended.
- Mixture should be runny, but smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your favorite Popsicle Molds and freeze 4-8 hours or until completely frozen.
- This recipe can easily be scaled (smaller or larger).
- This recipe is delicious as a smoothie too!
- Serving Size: 1 Popsicle
- Calories: 100