This Chocolate Açaí Bowl Recipe is SO GOOD for you, but it tastes like you’re having ice cream for breakfast! It’s Raw, Gluten Free & Vegan, but full of energy! A great way to start your day or perfect for post-workouts!
- 1 Packet Unsweetened Sambazan Frozen Açaí Berry Packets or Powder
- 1 Ripe Banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa or Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Gelatinized Maca Powder
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (or any nut/seed)
- 5–7 Drops of Vanilla Stevia – or to Taste
- 1 Cup of Milk or Milk Alternative (Coconut, Almond, Rice, Hemp, etc…)
- 2 Cups of Ice
- Place the Frozen Acai, Banana, Chocolate, Maca, Stevia, Almonds & Milk into the VitaMix.
- Starting at Variable Speed 1 and working your way to 10, blend the ingredients until smooth – using your tamper if necessary.
- Add in ice and turn the VitaMix back up to 10, then ‘High’ immediately. Use your tamper to push the ingredients into the blades until the mixture is smooth.
- When it’s finished, you should see 4 lumps form at the top of the container. Turn your VitaMix off and serve with optional toppings!
- Store leftovers in airtight container or popsicle molds in the freezer. The mixture can easily be re-blended in your VitaMix again.
EXTRA ADD INS & TOPPING IDEAS:
- Flax Oil/Meal
- Coconut Oil
- Fresh Fruit & Berries
- Raw Superfood Cereal
- Raw Honey
- Coconut Flakes
- Nuts / Seeds
You can scale this recipe to however large or small you want – In my photos below, I doubled the recipe and it feeds 5 of us for breakfast perfectly! The Vitamix 64 oz container makes a perfect double batch!
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 350