This Chocolate Macaroon Recipe is made with Raw, Whole Food Ingredients that are actually Good For You! It’s Grain Free, Gluten Free & Vegan!
- 2 Cups Coconut (unsweetened, shredded or flakes)
- 1 Cup Raw Cacao Powder* or Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Raw Almond or Cashews (ground to flour/meal)
- 1/2 Cup Raw Macadamia Nuts (ground to flour/meal)
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup Agave Nectar or Tapioca Syrup (or Dates)
- 2 Tablespoon Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- In Food Processor – Combine Coconut, Cacao Powder*, Almond Meal/Flour*, Macadamia Nut Meal/Flour* and Salt. Pulse until well blended.
- Add Agave Nectar, Coconut Oil and Vanilla Extract to Food Processor and mix until dough forms (approx. 20-30 seconds).
- Scoop into ‘Macaroon’ balls and place on your Dehydrating Trays (be sure to have the non-stick sheets placed on top of the dehydrating screens first).
- Place macaroons into dehydrator. Set drying tempature at 115° – 125° and let dehydrate for approximately 4-8 hours. Then remove macaroons from the non-stick sheets and place directly on the dehydrating screens. Return to the dehydrator for an additional 8-12 hours or until macaroons are no longer sticky.
- Store Macaroons in Refrigerator in an airtight container or bag for up to 2 weeks. You can also store the cookies in the freezer for up to a month.
* Note: Use your VitaMix to grind Whole Cacao Nibs into Powder and your Almonds & Mac Nuts into a mealy flour before adding to the food processor.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 95