You don’t have to be a ‘Raw Foodie’ to enjoy this recipe – in fact, I have ‘Meat & Potato’ friends asking for more of these all the time. The best part is that they are actually good for you! The kind of ‘good’ that means they are actually doing good things to your body – like being full of antioxidants, energy and fuel. To top it all off, they are chocolaty and delicious!!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:
This recipe is modified from an original recipe from Raw Food – Real WorldPrint
Raw Chocolate Macaroon Recipe – Gluten Free & Vegan
This Chocolate Macaroon Recipe is made with Raw, Whole Food Ingredients that are actually Good For You! It’s Grain Free, Gluten Free & Vegan!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 24 hrs
- Total Time: 37 minute
- Yield: 4 Dozen
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 2 Cups Coconut (unsweetened, shredded or flakes)
- 1 Cup Raw Cacao Powder* or Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Raw Almond or Cashews (ground to flour/meal)
- 1/2 Cup Raw Macadamia Nuts (ground to flour/meal)
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup Agave Nectar or Tapioca Syrup (or Dates)
- 2 Tablespoon Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- In Food Processor – Combine Coconut, Cacao Powder*, Almond Meal/Flour*, Macadamia Nut Meal/Flour* and Salt. Pulse until well blended.
- Add Agave Nectar, Coconut Oil and Vanilla Extract to Food Processor and mix until dough forms (approx. 20-30 seconds).
- Scoop into ‘Macaroon’ balls and place on your Dehydrating Trays (be sure to have the non-stick sheets placed on top of the dehydrating screens first).
- Place macaroons into dehydrator. Set drying tempature at 115° – 125° and let dehydrate for approximately 4-8 hours. Then remove macaroons from the non-stick sheets and place directly on the dehydrating screens. Return to the dehydrator for an additional 8-12 hours or until macaroons are no longer sticky.
- Store Macaroons in Refrigerator in an airtight container or bag for up to 2 weeks. You can also store the cookies in the freezer for up to a month.
* Note: Use your VitaMix to grind Whole Cacao Nibs into Powder and your Almonds & Mac Nuts into a mealy flour before adding to the food processor.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 95
Macaroon Photo Credit: Bicycles & Cupcakes