This Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe is also Dairy Free & Soy Free! Use with my Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe.
- 1 Unbaked Regular or Gluten Free Pie Shell
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed – See Sugar Alternatives Below
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- If you’re NOT Using Canned Coconut Milk, then whisk in: 2 Tablespoon Thickener (such as Corn Starch, Tapioca Starch)
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Whisk the sugars, spices, salt and thickener (if using) in a small bowl.
- Measure out the milk & vanilla in a measuring cup.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the eggs.
- Beat in the sugar mixture, pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in the coconut milk, or milk alternative & vanilla.
- Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust and bake at 425º for 15 minutes. (I recommend putting your pie tin on a larger cookie sheet lined in foil for baking. This helps with any unforeseen spills. Plus it makes putting in and taking out the pie easier)
- Reduce the temperature to 350º and continue to bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Center should be set nicely & firm, but will continue to firm up as it cools if seems a little underdone. You don’t’ want to risk burning the pie or crust.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use 3/4 Cup of Any Crystalized Natural Sugar in place of the sugars listed above (ie. coconut / palm sugar, sucanat, maple sugar, date sugar, etc… ) However, I don’t suggest using Honey since it doesn’t always set-up well in this type of recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 290