Here’s my Grandma’s Traditional Gluten Free Butter Cookie Recipe with Vegan Options. It’s perfect for cutting out shapes, decorating Holiday cookies & having fun!
- 2 2/3 Cups Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Mix (my grandma used regular all purpose flour in her original recipe)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Butter or 3/4 Cup Butter Alternative (such as Melt)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg or 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
OPTIONAL (if you don’t use real butter, this will add to the ‘butter’ flavor):
- Scant 1/8 Teaspoons Natural Vegan Butter Flavor Concentrate (made without Diacetyl) – This is approximately 5-8 drops.
- Extra Tapioca Flour (aka Tapioca Starch) for Dusting & Rolling
- In a small bowl, whisk together Dry Ingredients & Set-Aside.
- In a medium bow (or the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment ), Cream Butter using Beaters, then gradually add in Sugar until well mixed.
- Add Applesauce, Vanilla & Butter Flavor (if desired), and Beat well.
- Gradually Mix in Flour.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Roll and shape into cookies – using Tapioca Starch to dust surface as necessary.
- Decorate with baking candies if desired.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Do not let cookies brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on cooling rack before icing/decorating.
- Store in airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 130