This delicious Gluten Free & Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe is both moist & perfect for birthday cakes, cupcakes, mini cakes & donuts! Made with Whole Food ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cups (or approx. one 13 ounce can) Unsweetened Coconut Milk – not the low fat kind
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/4 Cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
DRY MIX INGREDIENTS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray (2) 8″ Round Cake Pans or (1) 9 x 13 Rectangular Pan with nonstick spray & Dust with cocoa powder. Use cupcake liners if making cupcakes. Set Aside
- Whisk the Coconut Milk & Apple Cider Vinegar together in your mixing bowl or stand mixer with whisk attachment and set aside while you gather your other ingredients.
- Add in the Applesauce, Coconut Oil & Vanilla Extract & beat until mixture is a bit foamy.
- Whisk together all of your Dry Mix Ingredients & gradually add to the the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Beat on Medium-High Speed until no lumps remain – It should be smooth and pourable.
- Divide batter evenly between your cake pans.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. I generally cook my Gluten Free Baked Goods until they register 210-220 on my digital thermometer. Trust the temperature & toothpick over the actual time cooked since every oven & pan cooks differently.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
I’ve used this recipe to successfully make Cupcakes, Donuts, Mini Cakes, Sheet Cakes & a 4 Layer Birthday Cake!
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 270