Whether you like them thick & soft, or thin & crunchy, this Gluten Free & Vegan Breadstick Recipe comes out just right! Perfect with Soup, Salad, Appetizers & Midnight Snacks!
- 1¾ Cups Milk Alternative – Warm, but not hot.
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar or Honey
- 2¼ Teaspoon Dry Active Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Milk or Water* (add this ONLY if you are opting to use the Psyllium Husk Powder – omit it otherwise)
- 2½ Cups Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Mix
- ½ Cup Cornstarch or Tapioca Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Ener-g Egg Replacer
- 1 Tablespoon Psyllium Husk Powder* (this is optional, but will help the breadsticks to retain their structure during the proofing/baking process)
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1½ Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1½ Teaspoons Salt
ADD LAST INGREDIENTS:
- In bowl of stand mixer, gently whisk Warm Milk, Honey & Yeast. Set-aside to proof (approx. 5-10 minutes)
- While Yeast Mix is Proofing, Whisk together your Dry Ingredients & measure out your Add Last Ingredients.
- Line two Cookie Sheets with Parchment or Silpat Mat.
- Prepare your Piping/Decorating Bag with your desired tip. I used Tip Size 1A to make Large, Soft Breadsticks & Tip Size 12 for the Small, Crunchy Breadsticks. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can always improvise with the tip of a Ziplock Bag trimmed off.
- Add Dry Ingredients to Proofed Yeast. Using the Paddle Attachment, mix on Low speed while adding the Oil & Apple Cider Vinegar. Continue mixing on Medium/High for approx. 2-3 minutes. The mixture will be thick & sticky (nothing like regular dough).
- Scoop dough into the Piping Bag & pipe dough onto lined cookies sheets. Be sure to leave 3/4 – 1″ Spacing between Large Breadsticks, and 1/2″ Spacing between Small Breadsticks.
- Very gently brush or spray (spraying is easiest) the Olive Oil on the dough & top with any desired toppings.
- Set Aside the Breadsticks in a warm spot to proof for approx. 12-18 minutes while oven is preheating. Don’t overproof these.
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once Breadsticks are done proofing, place them in the oven on the upper rack. Bake until the Breadsticks are done & lightly browned – approximately 15-25 minutes depending on the size & texture you want. Less time for the small, crunchy ones & a little more time for the large, soft ones. Avoid over-baking.
- Remove from oven and place Breadsticks on cooling rack. Serve Warm if desired.
Remember not to overproof your gluten free baked goods. They cannot maintain their structure & will collapse during/after the baking process.
- Serving Size: 1 Breadstick
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg