Some serious comfort food! My mother-in-law is the consummate host, always serving up countless different dishes whenever people are over (and all of them good). This one is no different. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
For the Keto/Gluten Free Lasagna “Noodles”:
• 3 eggs
• 5.2 oz (150g) of Boursin (any flavor)
• 2 cups of shredded cheese
For the Gluten Free Bechamel Sauce:
• 1/2 cup butter (or alternative)
• 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
• 1 quart of milk (or milk alternative)
For the filling:
• 1.5 lbs (650g) of ground beef
• 1 cup Parmesan
• 1 heaping tablespoon of tomato paste
• 1 heaping tablespoon of basil pesto
• 1/2 lb of diced tomatoes
For the topping:
• 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
• 2 or 3 cups shredded cheese (depending on how cheese-y you like your lasagna)
- Prepare Keto/Gluten Free Lasagna “Noodles” (click here for instructions)
- Prepare Gluten Free Bechamel Sauce (click here for instructions)
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet at medium heat (roughly 15 minutes). Though not strictly necessary, I usually salt the beef at this stage.
- Put the ground beef, tomato paste, pesto, diced tomatoes, and shredded parmesan in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Lay a sheet of lasagna “noodle” on the bottom of a 9″×13″ baking dish.
- Spread the beef mix over the first “noodle” sheet.
- Lay another sheer of lasagna “noodle” on top of the beef.
- Pour half of the bechamel sauce over the second “noodle” sheet.
- Sprinkle the ground nutmeg on top and add half of the remaining shredded cheese.
- Pour the remaining bechamel sauce over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Place the baking dish in the oven on the middle rack and bake until the cheese is melted (roughly 25 minutes)
- Set the oven to broil on low until the cheese on top is a lovely, golden brown (roughly 5 minutes)
- Remove from the oven, let stand 5 minutes, cut and serve.
- For a more keto-friendly final product, swap the milk in the bechamel sauce with coconut milk.
- If you do not have a large enough frying pan, you may need to sauté the beef in batches to ensure it browns well. I also like to pour out excess liquid after about ten minutes of cooking (so that things brown well in the final five minutes and things don’t turn out too soggy).
- Consider adding a cup of sautéed onions to the beef.
- Serving Size: 4" × 4" square
- Calories: 690
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 52 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 45 g
Keywords: Gluten Free Lasagna Recipe