This Gluten Free Banana Monkey Muffins Recipe is made with NO Refined Sugar or Oil. It’s perfect for Regular or Mini Muffins & Loaves of Banana Bread.
DRY MIX INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 Cups Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Blend (Or, you can use regular Flour)
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Meal (I grind mine fresh in the Vitamix right before – if you don’t do this, just be sure that your flax meal is fresh)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
WET MIX INGREDIENTS:
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 Cup Honey Or Sweetener of Choice
- 1 Cup Milk Alternative
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS / INGREDIENTS:
- Natural Coconut
- Chopped Nuts
- Shredded Carrots
- Whole Almonds
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium sized bowl, combine Dry Mix Ingredients & set aside.
- In small bowl, beat wet ingredients until smooth and well pureed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in any optional ingredients.
- Pour mixture into greased or papered muffin pans.
- Garnish with optional toppings before baking.
- Bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes until tops brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Makes 12 Large or 24 Mini Muffins
- I freeze the Mini Muffins for a convenient & healthy On-The-Go Snack.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 100