Ever wonder what to do with those ugly brown bananas that you’re getting ready to throw away? Then this Gluten Free Banana Monkey Muffins Recipe (aka Banana Bread) is for you! This recipe uses Whole Food Ingredients, is Refined Sugar Free & Oil Free.
I used this recipe to make one of my son’s first birthday cake & topped it with my own strawberry frosting… This way, he could still messily devour his cake without me having to worry about all that sugar or artificial food coloring!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe: Print
This Gluten Free Banana Monkey Muffins Recipe is made with NO Refined Sugar or Oil. It’s perfect for Regular or Mini Muffins & Loaves of Banana Bread.
DRY MIX INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 Cups Erika’s Gluten Free Flour Blend (Or, you can use regular Flour)
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Meal (I grind mine fresh in the Vitamix right before – if you don’t do this, just be sure that your flax meal is fresh)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
WET MIX INGREDIENTS:
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 Cup Honey Or Sweetener of Choice
- 1 Cup Milk Alternative
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS / INGREDIENTS:
- Natural Coconut
- Chopped Nuts
- Shredded Carrots
- Whole Almonds
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium sized bowl, combine Dry Mix Ingredients & set aside.
- In small bowl, beat wet ingredients until smooth and well pureed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in any optional ingredients.
- Pour mixture into greased or papered muffin pans.
- Garnish with optional toppings before baking.
- Bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes until tops brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Makes 12 Large or 24 Mini Muffins
- I freeze the Mini Muffins for a convenient & healthy On-The-Go Snack.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 100