Not everyone will agree, but I’m a firm believer that what goes in your kids eyes & ears, should build good character, not destroy it! Just like food, if you put junk in, you’ll going to get junk out (both in heath & attitude). So, as a general rule, we carefully filter what type of media goes into our little sponges.
With so much garbage on TV these days, we made the choice several years ago to not have a TV. Well… we actually have a TV, just no signal or cable coming into the house. We do have a DVD player & subscribe to Netflix.
I also believe that children’s imaginations need to be fed and there’s no better way to encourage this then to read to you children & let them play outside. And while reading, they also learn to listen to your voice! Another of our favorite times together are listening to Radio Dramas – even our 2 year old loves them!
I’ve put together a list with links to our family favorites… This list is as much for me as it is for you!
I’ll be adding to this list regularly as I find new links to Family Friendly, Wholesome & other shows that build character qualities that we encourage.
AUDIO / RADIO DRAMAS:
- Adventures In Odyssey - WhitsEnd.org (Produced by Focus on the Family)
- The Ceiling Fan Podcast – CeilingFanPodcast.com (When Adventures In Odyssey Hits the Fan)
- HisKids Radio – HisKids.net (24/7 Streaming Programing & Music for Kids by Cornerstone University Radio)
- Down Gilead Lane - GileadLane.org (Produced by CBH Ministries)
- Jonathan Park - JonathanPark.com (Produced by Vision Forum Ministries)
- Patch the Pirate – PatchThePirate.org
- Paws & Tales – PawsandTales.org (Produced by Chuck Swindoll and Insight for Living)
- The Pond - LifeAtThePond.com
- JellyTelly – JellyTelly.com (Produced by Phil Vischer, Creator of Veggie Tales & Focus on the Family)
- Smile of a Child – SmileOfAChildTV.org (Produced by the Trinity Broadcast Network)
- TCT Kids - TCTKids.tv
- Rescue Heroes – Fisher-Price.com
MOVIE, MUSIC & VIDEO GAME REVIEWS: