I spent most of my life living in a small country town… And you don’t get much more country than good ‘ol Beans & Cornbread! My favorite way to eat cornbread is smothered in Homemade Baked Beans and topped with Cheese, Onions & Avocado!
Most Gluten Free Cornbread turns out too crumbly & dry… But, this Gluten and Dairy Free Cornbread Recipe is perfect & moist, and nobody will ever know what it’s missing! Plus, with this recipe, you can easily dry the bread and use it for Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
This Gluten and Dairy Free Cornbread Recipe is light & moist. Perfect on it’s own or with a bowl of beans! Recipe can easily be doubled for bulk preparation.
- 1 Cup Organic Corn Flour or Organic Corn Meal (I prefer the smoother texture of Corn Flour – and always use organic whenever possible)
- 1 Cup of Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Milk Alternative (or real Milk)
- 1/4 Cup Spectrum Palm Shortening (or real Butter)
- 3 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare Muffin Pan with liners or Pan with non-stick spray if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients in your Stand Mixer fitted with the whip attachment or in Bowl and beat all together for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin cups or square cake pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 15-20 minutes for muffins and 25-30 minutes for cake pan or until the top is a dark golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. I use my Digital Pen Thermometer to test the temperature of my gluten free breads and pull them out of the oven once they hit an internal temp of 200 degrees.
- You can substitute 1/4 Cup of Any Crystalized Natural Sugar in place of the sugar listed above (coconut / palm sugar, sucanat, maple sugar, date sugar, etc…), or none at all.
- Although it can be left out overnight, it’s best to store leftovers in fridge to avoid spoilage.
- To make Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing cut up Cornbread into small cubes and place on a cookie sheet in your oven at 200 degrees until the bread is completely dry (like croutons). Or, you can use your dehydrator to dry the bread. Use 1 for 1 in your favorite stuffing recipe!
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 225