It doesn’t have to be dark and stormy out to enjoy a bowl of this Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe. In fact, this soup is a regular on our family menu – It’s simple, delicious and enjoyed by everyone. You’ll never know it’s Gluten Free! Don’t worry Vegan friends, you can easily adapt this recipe… I’ve posted some suggestions below.
The tools & ingredients used in this recipe are:
Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is Easy & Delicious. A favorite comfort food made with whole food ingredients. Perfect for the whole family!
- 2 Cooked Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs (cubed or shredded). You can also use Canned Chicken. *See my time saving tips below.
- Water for Boiling
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil (optional, but adds a wonderful flavor)
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 Carrots (shopped small)
- 64 Ounces Chicken Stock/Broth (or 2 x 32 Ounce Boxes)
- 2 Tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos (optional, but adds flavor)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt or to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Dash of Pepper or to Taste
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, cover the chicken with water and bring it to a boil. Cover & continue cooking until chicken is tender. Typically 1/2 hour to 1 hour depending on if it is fresh or frozen. Drain water & shred. *See my time saving tips below.
- In large pot over medium heat, add the Saute Ingredients and Saute until the veggies are soft. Approximately 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add Broth Ingredients and Shredded Chicken to your Saute Ingredients in the pot and bring soup to a boil. Continue boiling for 15 minutes.
- While Soup is boiling, prepare your GF Rice Ramen Noodles by breaking the cakes in half and soaking them in hot water until soft (but not cooked). Drain off the water and rise noodles. Set-Aside. Note: You can use any other gluten free noodle in this recipe, but be aware it does not typically hold up well over time in the hot soup... the Rice Ramen holds up well and can even be reheated!
- Once Soup has boiled, turn off the stovetop and remove from heat. Add in your prepared GF Rice Ramen Noodles and stir. Let Soup rest for 5 minutes until serving. Soup will be hot!
Time Saving Tips: 1) Make a bunch of Chicken in advance & freeze it for future recipes (I do this in my Instapot); 2) Quickly shred boiled chicken by draining off excess water after boiling & using your electric hand beaters to shred the chicken in less than 20 seconds! Seriously the best kitchen hack ever!! =)
Vegan Options: Substitute the Chicken for Tofu, Mushrooms, Alternative Meat Products or other Veggies. Just be sure to add it in at the appropriate cooking time to avoid over/under cooking. Substitute the Chicken Broth for Vegetable Broth.
Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Soup leftovers are the best! =)
Cuisine Gluten Free