It’s always been a tradition on my side of the family to get together on Christmas Eve for sandwiches, cookies & hot chocolate. Not wanting any of my kiddos to miss out, I took my mom’s famous Instant Powdered Hot Chocolate Recipe & converted it to be Vegan. She used powdered milk, but I just omit that or use Powdered Coconut Milk instead – which makes it extra creamy & delicious!
For years, we’ve also used this recipe to make a quick and easy gift for teachers, friends & neighbors. We just put it out in a mason jar, print out an instructional gift tag & tie it up with some string… It comes out so cute!
Oh, and this recipe also works great for homemade Mochas! Just add a couple of scoops to your coffee & cream for a Cocoa kick!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
This Gluten Free & Vegan Instant Powdered Hot Chocolate Recipe is Easy to make & Delicious! It’s perfect for whipping up quickly on those chilly nights, special holiday’s or giving as a gift!
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt (optional)
- 1 Cup Powdered Coconut Milk or Regular Powdered Milk (optional – see note below)
- In medium bowl, whisk all ingredients until well incorporated & no lumps remain – If you have one, use a sifter to sift the Ingredients into a bowl.
- Store in airtight container to keep mixture dry until use.
Instructions To Prepare Hot Cocoa from Dry Mixture:
- Heat 1 Cup Milk or Milk Alternative until very hot – There’s no need to bring the liquid to a boil if you plan to drink it right away.
- Mix 4-5 Tablespoons (or to your taste) of the Hot Cocoa Mixture & stir until everything is completely dissolved.
- Be careful that you let the Hot Cocoa cool enough so that the temperature is safe & enjoyable for you or little ones to drink.
This Hot Cocoa Recipe is perfect for gift giving… Package the dry cocoa mixture into small glass jars & label with instructions.
- Serving Size: 1 cup (prepared)
- Calories: 120