Did you know some mustards have Gluten in them?! Here’s my Easy, Delicious & Gluten Free Homemade Mustard Recipe that everyone can eat. It tastes just like regular yellow mustard… but fresher, less expensive, and even better for you!
Two of my sons also have major sensitivities to Grain Vinegars, so this recipe uses Apple Cider Vinegar instead. I like the taste better & with the live cultures from the ACV, you know it’s better for you!
The Tools & Ingredients In this Recipe Are:
The BEST Homemade Mustard Recipe that’s All Natural, Gluten Free & Vegan. Uses Apple Cider Vinegar & Whole Food Ingredients… Perfect for your favorite Sandwich, Dressing & BBQ!
- 1 Cup Dry Yellow Mustard Powder (aka Ground Mustard – be sure not to get the hot stuff!)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the Dry Ingredients and then add in the Wet Ingredients.
- Whisk everything until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil over Medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Once mixture comes to a boil, simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Reduce the heat as necessary to avoid bubbling over.
- Remove from heat source and let the mustard sit for 1 minute uncovered.
- Cover with lid and let sit until Mustard is cooled enough to store in airtight container.
- Store in Fridge in airtight container.
Mustard can be used right away, but is tastes best went it’s left to mellow for a few days.
- Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon
- Calories: 3