I’m always amazed at the list of things my Vitamix can do. We all know it makes the best smoothies & frozen desserts.. Some of you may even know that it can make hot soup. But, not many people know that you can make your own Flours, Powdered Sugars, Flax Meal, Ground Coffee & Nut Butters, all with a Vitamix!
In this Video, I demonstrate How To Make Your Own Powdered Sugar in the Vitamix, in less than 60 seconds from White Sugar, Evaporated Cane Juice & even Sugar Alternatives such as Xylitol or Erythritol.
If you don’t already have a Vitamix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of!
The special tools & ingredients featured in this recipe are:Print
Your Vitamix can do much more than make smoothies… It can also make Powdered Sugar out of any Sugar. Here’s How to Make Your Own Powdered Sugar in the Vitamix with Video Tutorial.
- 1/2 Cup Sugar, Evaporated Cane Juice or Sugar Alternatives such as Xylitol or Erythritol. (almost any Sugar will work – except those with high moisture such as Brown Sugar).
- Place the Sugar into the Vitamix
- Give the Sugar a quick blend Starting at Variable Speed 1, Working your way quickly to Variable Sped 10, and on to High.
- After you start to see the Sugar crush into powder, stop the Vitamix and give the Sugar a quick stir with the blunt edge of a knife or spatula. This will make sure that everything is blended evenly.
- Repeat the blending steps again, until you see the Powder Sugar puffing up inside the container.
- Store any unused Powdered Sugar in an airtight container.
If you have issues with your Powdered Sugar clumping, you may add 1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch or Tapioca Starch per cup of sugar to help prevent this.
- Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon
- Calories: 10