I love getting dirty outside with my boys & even encourage them to play in the mud! I believe there’s beneficial microbes in dirt that actually work to help keep us healthy. The germs I like to kill are the virus’ & bacterias found in public places like public bathrooms, amusement parks, the gym, and grocery carts.
What’s even scarier to me than those germs, is the chemical ingredients found in commercial Hand Sanitizers that leave our hands dry and fingers peeling. But, Good news! It’s ridiculously easy to make your own Homemade All Natural Hand Sanitizer that actually Kills Germs & Moisturizes your hands without all those harsh ingredients. Even better, you can whip up this recipe in 5 seconds in your Vitamix or Immersion Blender!
Hand sanitizers should never take the place of a good ol’ fashioned hand washing. But, when that’s not possible, sanitizing pumps & sprays can come in handy… especially with children! When we’re on the go, I like to use a combination of wet-wipes & hand sanitizer to really attack those germs effectively.
If you want to print out a pretty label like mine… I’ve got FREE Printable for you Over Here! Feel free to use it on your own bottle!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
You can make this All Natural Hand Sanitizer Recipe in less than 5 minutes. Plus it smells amazing & won’t dry out your hands. Can be made into a convenient Pump or Spray.
- 1/2 Cup Aloe Vera Juice (for spray recipe) or Aloe Vera Gel (for pump recipe) – Note: This is the All Natural Aloe products from a plant, not the ‘after sun’ stuff you find in the store
- 1/4 Cup Vodka, Witch Hazel or Rubbing Alcohol (the 70% or 90% kind).
- 10–20 drops of Anti-Bacterial Essential Oils: Tea Tree, Clove, Thyme, Cinnamon, Orange, Lavender, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, etc..) Mix and Match, but be careful of any phototoxic oils that can burn your skin if exposed to sunshine.
OPTIONAL MOISTURIZING INGREDIENTS:
- To use the Hand Sanitizer, Pump or Spray enough on hands to get them wet and rub vigorously together. Let air dry & repeat if necessary.
- For maximum effectiveness in cases where hands are visibly dirty, wash/rinse first (or use a wet wipe if you have one), then apply the Sanitizer.
- Serving Size: 1 Pump
- Calories: 0