I’ve had a lot of requests for mainstream recipes that can be swapped 1 for 1 with my ‘Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour’ Mixture… with many of those requests being for a traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
I know these have ‘real’ sugar in them (*gasp!*), but if you want a taste like the original Nestle Recipe – which also maintains a soft & moist consistency, then this recipe will get the job done! If you’re not sensitive to dairy, feel free to use real butter – I’m sure the taste would only improve.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my handsome little crew did.
The special tools & ingredients featured in this recipe are:
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer – I have the 5 quart Artisan Mixer with Stainless Bowl
- My Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend
- Stainless Cookie Scoop – 1 Tablespoon – Makes perfect sized Cookies & Small Macaroons.
If you don’t already have a VitaMix or Excalibur Dehydrator, I strongly encourage you to check out what these machines are capable of! For more information about VitaMix you can go directly to the VitaMix website. For free shipping, be sure to use: Coupon Code: 06-004166
Here’s a link to the original recipe on the Nestle website and here’s my Gluten Free modified version:
- 2¼ cups Erika's All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix *
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder *
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks of Butter (or ¾ Butter Alternative* - I use Melt or Earth Balance)
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar (I use evaporated cane juice)
- ¾ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (or ⅓ Cup Applesauce*)
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips (I only used 1 Cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- * = my modifications to the original recipe
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together Erika's Gluten Free Flour Mix, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt in small bowl.
- Beat Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar and Vanilla in a stand mixer or in large bowl until creamy.
- Add Eggs, beating well.
- Gradually beat in Flour Mixture.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips and Nuts.
- If you are making the Vegan version of these, I highly suggest you chill the cookie dough at this point for at least 30 minutes - the results are much better!
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets (I use parchment paper).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.