Sometimes I crave pancakes… not often, but every now and then they call my name. Topped with fresh fruit & smothered with Syrup, this Gluten Free Pancake Recipe does the trick.
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
If you’re craving Pancakes, then this Gluten Free Pancake Recipe will do the trick. You can also prepare it Dairy Free.
- 4–5 Ripe Bananas (peeled)
- 2 1/2 – 3 Cups Milk or Milk Alternative – you may need a bit more or less depending on how the batter consistency is.
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 4 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 Tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 – 3 Cups Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix you may need more or less depending on how the batter consistency is.
- 2 Tablespoons Flax Meal (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Optional Ingredients & Toppings:
- Fresh Blueberries – Mix In or Topping
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Fresh Fruit Topping
- In large mixing bowl, mash 4-5 ripe bananas.
- Add in remaining Wet Ingredients and Whisk or Beat on low until all wet ingredients are well blended.
- Combine Dry Ingredients and pour slowly in to wet ingredients as you beat the mixture on Medium/Low speed. Do your best to avoid lumps in mixture.
- Mixture should be just between runny and thick… this is where you may have to play with the milk/flour ratio a bit until the batter is just right.
- Pre-Heat your pan or griddle on a Medium heat. If need be, use a non-stick spray to keep the pancakes from sticking to the bottom of your pan.
- Pour a ladle full of batter into the center of the pan – the batter should spread quickly, then set-up on the sides within a few seconds and start cooking.
- Within 30 seconds or so, little bubbles should start to rise on the top of the batter… this is an indication that the pancake is almost ready to flip. Just as those bubbles come to a stop, use a spatula to carefully flip the pancake in the pan.
- Let the pancake cook another 30 seconds or so before checking for doneness.
- Remove pancake from pan when both sides are cooked.
- Repeat cooking steps until all of the batter has been cooked into pancakes.
- Top with Maple Syrup & Fresh Fruit & Enjoy!
Feel free to scale this recipe down if you don’t want or need so many in one batch.
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake
- Calories: 100