For a limited time each year, McDonalds comes out with their signature Shamrock Shake… a artificial green concoction with so many unhealthy ingredients I wouldn’t feed it to my (hypothetical) pet pig. However, it must contain some mind-altering drug, because everyone and their mother seems to be walking around drinking one.
Not wanting to be a party-pooper I decided to come up with my own Healthy & Raw version of the shake so my family & I could enjoy the fun of drinking something ‘green & creamy’ in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.
This Dairy Free Natural Shamrock Shake recipe is so creamy & delicious… you won’t even feel like you’re missing out! Plus, it’s actually good for you!
Feel free to post any questions or comments you may have & don’t forget to subscribe here or at YouTube so you’ll know when I have a new video up.
If you don’t already have a VitaMix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about VitaMix you can go directly to the VitaMix website. For free shipping, be sure to use: Coupon Code: 06-004166
- ½ Cup Raw Cashews – Soaked for ½ Hour (then drained)
- 1 Frozen Banana
- ½ Cup Milk or Milk Alternative – Almond, Rice, Soy, Etc.
- ¼ Teaspoon Lime Juice (trust me on this one)
- 2 Stalks of Kale
- 1 Small Fresh Sprig of Mint – OR – Natural Mint Flavoring (to taste)
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla (if you don’t like mint, you can use just the vanilla)
- ¾ to 1 Cup of Ice
- In VitaMix, combine all ingredients in order listed – except Ice.
- Start on Variable Speed 1, working your way up to 10, then to High.
- Once everything is completely smooth, add in Ice.
- Blend again (using the VitaMix Tamper if necessary) until all ingredients are running smoothly through the machine and everything is well blended.
- Shake should be thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- Top with Raw Coconut Vanilla Whipped Cream (recipe coming soon) & a Cherry!