One of my major pet peeves is licking your fingers… but I may have to make an exception for this recipe! It’s a Raw Chocolate Frosting Recipe that is Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free & sooooo creamy it might convince you never to use the store-bought stuff again! Plus it only uses 5 easy & natural ingredients.
The best part is that you can use this same recipe to make a Raw Chocolate Fondue and/or a Raw Chocolate Pudding! Or you can just make out with the spatula like I do! =)
The special tools & ingredients featured in this recipe are:
- VitaMix Blender / Kitchen Tool
- Cashews, Raw Cacao or Unsweetened Cocoa/Carob Powders – I buy almost all of my supplies from Nuts.com – they are AWESOME!!
If you don’t already have a VitaMix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about VitaMix you can go directly to the VitaMix website. For free shipping, be sure to use: Coupon Code: 06-004166
If you have the Living Cookbook software, you can import the free recipe file by cutting and pasting it right into your program.
Raw Chocolate Frosting in the VitaMix
All ingredients I used in the video were Raw & Organic.
- 3/4 Cup Cashews (this gives it the creamy, dreamy taste!)
- 5 Dates (pits removed)
- Just Enough Water to Cover the Soaked Ingredients in a Bowl
- 1/2 Cup Milk Alternative (I used Almond Milk)
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Powder OR Unsweetened Cocoa Powder OR Unsweetened Carob Powder
- Place the Cashews & Dates into a small bowl and place just enough water to cover them. Let soak for approx. 1 hour.
- Once the Nuts & Dates are done soaking, drain the water and scoop them into the VitaMix
- Add the Nut Milk & Vanilla, then Give the ingredients a quick blend Blend on Variable Speed 10 until smooth.
- Stir in the Cacao, Cocoa or Carob Powder and Blend again on High until all ingredients are smooth. You may need to stop & scrape the sides of the VitaMix once or twice until everything is evenly blended.
- Refrigerate for approx. 1 hour before using as a frosting. Use immediately if using the mixture as a Raw Chocolate Fondue.
- For an extra Stiff Frosting, use less liquid.
Yields: Approximately 1 1/2 cups of Frosting
Preparation & Cooking Time: 5 Minutes Prep (after 1 hour Soak).
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have!