One of my major pet peeves is licking your fingers… but I may have to make an exception for this recipe! It’s a Raw Chocolate Frosting Recipe that is Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free & sooooo creamy it might convince you never to use the store-bought stuff again! Plus it only uses 5 easy & natural ingredients.
The best part is that you can use this same recipe to make a Raw Chocolate Fondue and/or a Raw Chocolate Pudding! Or you can just make out with the spatula like I do! =)
The special tools & ingredients featured in this recipe are:
- ¾ Cup Cashews (this gives it the creamy, dreamy taste!)
- 5 Dates (pits removed)
- Just Enough Water to Cover the Soaked Ingredients in a Bowl
- ½ Cup Milk Alternative (I used Almond or Coconut Milk)
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao Powder OR Unsweetened Cocoa Powder OR Unsweetened Carob Powder
- Place the Cashews & Dates into a small bowl and place just enough water to cover them. Let soak for approx. ½ - 1 hour.
- Once the Nuts & Dates are done soaking, drain the water and scoop them into the VitaMix
- Add the Milk & Vanilla, then give the ingredients a quick blend blend on Variable Speed 10 until smooth.
- Stir in the Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and blend again on High until all ingredients are smooth. You may need to stop & scrape the sides of the VitaMix once or twice until everything is evenly blended.
- Refrigerate for approx. 1 hour before using as a frosting or pudding. Use immediately if you want a warm Chocolate Fondue.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve & store any left overs in Fridge.
- For an extra Stiff Frosting, use less liquid.