Finally! A Gluten Free & Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe that tastes like the Old Fashioned Custard Style Pumpkin Pie I love so much! It took a couple of years of testing, but this Thanksgiving, I finally got two thumbs up from everyone who tried it… Even the Traditional Pumpkin Pie lovers couldn’t tell the difference. Top it off with your favorite Non-Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream or Whip for the perfect combo!
Here are the Tools & Ingredients I used for this Recipe:
- 1 Gluten Free & Vegan Pie Crust (unbaked) - Click Here for my Easy GF & Vegan Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 Cup Canned Coconut Milk (full fat) - Don't worry, this will NOT make the Pumpkin Pie taste like Coconut.
- ⅔ Cup Raw Cashews
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Line a Cookie Sheet with Foil to catch any drips and make transporting the pie in/out of the oven much easier. Place your Unbaked Gluten Free & Vegan Pie Crust on the Cookie Sheet & Set-Aside.
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In Vitamix Blender, place all Cashew Cream Ingredients & blend on high until smooth (no bits of cashews) - If you don't have a high powered blender, let the Cashew Cream ingredients soak for ½ hour before blending.
- In Bowl of Stand Mixer (fitted with the whisk attachment) or in Mixing Bowl with Beaters, mix all Pumpkin Puree Ingredients until well combined.
- Add your Cashew Cream Mixture to the Pumpkin Puree - Mix until smooth & well blended.
- Pour the Pumpkin Pie Mixture into your Prepared Pie Crust - Be careful not to overfill.
- Place the Pie & the Cookie Sheet into the Oven. Bake for ONLY 15 at 425 degrees, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees for the remaining 40-45 minutes until the center of the pie sets.
- Remove Pie from oven and let cool on cooling rack completely. Tastes best if allowed to set-up and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight before serving.
- Top with your favorite Non-Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream or Whip.
- Cover leftovers and store in fridge.