Whoever says they can’t get their kids to eat greens hasn’t tried this Fruit & Veggie Juice Recipe… It’s Delicious! And, it’s not just for kids. This recipe is packed full of Whole Fruits & Vegetables blended to perfection in the Vitamix.
Why the strange name? My boys have never had a Jamba Juice before, so we jokingly called this ‘JimBob’ Juice & it made us all laugh. The name stuck, and that’s what we’ve called it ever since… I know, we’re weird.
If you don’t already have a VitaMix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
This Fruit & Veggie Juice Recipe is made with a variety of Whole Fruits & Vegetables in the Vitamix. It’s a delicious way to drink your greens – Everyone will love it!
- 1/2 Fresh or Frozen Pineapple (unsweetened)
- 1 Fresh or Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Orange (peeled)
- 1/2 Fresh or Frozen Mango
- 1/2 Fresh or Frozen Papaya
- 1 Slice Fresh Lemon (peeled)
Other Fruit Ideas: Frozen Grapes, Apples, Lime, Pear, Lilikoi/Passion Fruit, Grapefruit, Melons, Lychee, etc…
- 1/2 Head Green Leaf Lettuce or Handful of Spinach
- 10 Blanched Green Beans
- 1/2 Fresh Cucumber
- 1 Small Cube of Ginger (peeled) – Ginger is a strong flavor, so use sparingly unless you like it strong.
Optional Veggie Ideas: Kale, Carrots, etc… (just be sure to stay away from high fiber/pulp veggies like broccoli – otherwise you’ll end up with Dirty Juice!)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Apple Juice or Grape Juice Concentrate OR 4 Dates
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Ice
- In the VitaMix, add all ingredients in the container and top with water, then ice (start with less, and add more ice if needed as you go). Start at Variable Speed 1 and slowly move to speed 10 as the mixture begins to puree.
- Bring the speed up to ‘High’ and use the tamper to push the frozen ingredients into the blades. Remove the tamper and put the cap back on until the smoothie is… well, smooth!
- Bring the speed down at this point, turn off the VitaMix and you’re done!
- Serve as you would any smoothie and Enjoy!
Don’t worry if you don’t have these exact ingredients on hand – Just mix & match until you come up with something you love!
- Fill any remaining mixture & toppings into Popsicle molds and freeze for later!
- Serving Size: 8 Ounces
- Calories: 120