Most pre-packaged snack bars are expensive and the ingredients are not as healthy as you think… Here’s my Clif Mojo Snack Bar Recipe (copycat) that’s both delicious & adaptable to many special diet or allergies.
Since making this How-To Video several years ago, we’ve adapted it a little bit… Feel free to adapt it further & make it your own.
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:
This Clif Mojo Snack Bar Recipe is a Mojo-Licious version of the popular Mojo Mountain Mix Bars by Clif using all natural, Gluten Free & Vegan ingredients. Adaptable for many Special Diets & Allergies.
Wet Mixture Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Nut or Seed Butter (all natural, no sugar)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Agave or Tapioca Syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoons Guar Gum or Tapioca Starch (optional – but helps thicken the ingredients a bit)
- 1 Cup Raw Peanuts or Cashews
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds or Pecans
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Soy Beans (optional)
- 1 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Cup Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Add Last Ingredients:
- 12 oz Box of Enjoy Life’s Crunchy Rice Cereal (4.5 Cups)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks (broken into pieces)
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate or Grain Free Carob Chips
- Prepare a deep cookie sheets (aka – Jelly Roll Pan) by lining with Parchment or Wax Paper. Set-Aside.
- In large bowl: Combine all Dry Ingredients (except the ‘add last’ ingredients) and mix well. Set-Aside.
- In separate bowl: Combine all wet mixture ingredients and stir well with spatula…mixture will be thick.
- Bring wet mixture to a thinner consistency by warming it in your microwave. But only until mixture is warm and thin – do not over heat! If using a Microwave, cook on High for 1 minute – stirring well every 20-30 seconds. Microwave for an additional 30 Seconds until mixture is thoroughly warm.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix WELL! Mixture should be sticky.
- At this time, add in the Rice Cereal, Pretzels, and Chocolate Chips. Continue mixing with Rubber Spatula until mixture is evenly and well blended. This may take a few minutes.
- Using the Rubber Spatula, spread and press mixture evenly into prepared pan. You may need to press mixture with hands to ensure bars are solid and evenly spread out.
- Freeze or Refrigerate for 1/2 hour, then cut into 2″ x 2″ bars and store in airtight bag/container or wrap individually in plastic wrap. Best if kept refrigerated.
If you have allergies to a particular nut, feel free to replace it with a seed or another nut of your choice.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 150