I really love gum and have always been a gum chewer… I think a lot of that has to do with my personality. I’m always moving and even when I’m sitting, my mind is still going. Gum has a way of helping me focus & think.
As a mom, I figured out that chewing gum has the same calming affect on my children. After some research, I found that gum REALLY can help focus & concentration. So, chewing gum has been extremely beneficial for our homeschool/learning; behavioral cool-downs; and soothing some of the anxiety in our kids who struggle with it.
The trouble with traditional gum, is that most of it is loaded with artificial sweeteners, colors & a bunch of additives I can’t pronounce. We know that these things can have negative behavioral & health consequences – not ok! That’s why I was thrilled when I found B-Fresh Gum (you may remember my past review about blowing big bubbles with it). B-Fresh has all natural ingredients, No artificial colors or sweeteners (they use Xylitol), and it even contains B vitamins for an extra boost! Plus its Gluten Free, Soy Free & Vegan.
B-Fresh recently offered to let me try their other flavors & sent me a pack of each – 6 Flavors in all. My kids thought this was best thing ever & I was their hero every time I approved another sample for them to try. After lots of chewing & chewing, here’s what our family thought of the B-Fresh Gum flavors:
- Bubble Gum – This is hands down our favorite. The pieces are almost twice the size of the other flavors & make the best bubbles. Plus, we all think it tastes exactly like regular bubble gum and the flavor lasts a long time!
- Mixed Fruit – This flavor reminds me of a gum I had growing up… I think it was called Fruit Stripes? But, we all agreed this was yummy enough to want to chew & swallow – which is exactly what one of my little ones did.
- Cinnamon – This has a very strong Cinnamon Oil ‘bite’ to it that is so good. We also agreed that the flavor lasted a long time. If you love Cinnamon, you’ll love this flavor.
- Lemon – I think we all expected it to taste like a sour lemon, but instead it was lightly flavored, sweet & fruity… kind of like a lemon candy. It did seem to lose its flavor more quickly than the others.
- Spearmint – This flavor is such a common flavor, so it was a little less exciting to chew. But, it made our mouth’s feel cool & breath fresh!
- Peppermint Planet Solar Energy – As a normally energetic person, I can’t honestly say for sure if it affected my energy level or not… But, the strong Peppermint *zing* definitely made my mouth feel cool & fresh.
The only negative thing about this gum is the price… it’s expensive compared to traditional gum. But, it makes an excellent natural treat & a fun way to help kids (and grown-ups too) to calm down & stay focused.
Note: I get asked to do reviews & sample products all of the time, but I rarely agree unless it is truly a product I use & love. B-Fresh Gum was an easy ‘Yes’ for me because we’ve been happily chewing their gum for a couple of years… I hope you’ll try some for yourself!
Thanks for this awesome review! I did not know about this gum and will be finding it to share with my Veterinarian girlfriend. I was wondering, I am also a gum chewer as I work in outside sales and it helps to deal with the stress of Boston traffic. I like to blow bubbles or snap my gum when I’m in the car so I was wondering if the texture of the bubble gum flavor is unique or all the B-fresh gums have a good consistency to blow bubbles or stretch the gum for snaps sounds (such a terrible habbit i know, only do it in the car lol)
Hi Aaron! I’m like you and love to blow bubbles & can snap my gum (I learned it from my grandma lol)… B-fresh has a very normal bubble gum consistency & works great! Plus, the bubble gum pieces are just big enough to get a good sized bubble every time… very satisfying for a bubble blower! =) God Bless! ~Erika
I find that “natural” gum usually is a red flag for bubble blowing. I’m glad to hear that this gum like normal bubble gum. I’ll have to check it out.
Do you know what form of B12 is in this gum? I’ve contacted the company a couple of times to find out but they never get back to me…
Hi Jenny! Great question… I don’t know the form of B12, but the amount is 130 mcg per piece of bubble gum. I believe that to be a really low dose and consider it safe to give to my kids. If I hear back about the type, I will let you know. =) God Bless! ~Erika