Maybe its just my sensitive Italian tongue, but Pizza Sauce & Spaghetti Sauce are not the same. Typically Spaghetti Sauce is more savory & robust, while Pizza Sauce is sweeter with a lighter flavor that compliments the toppings.
For Pasta, I make my Authentic Sicilian Spaghetti Sauce (recipe coming soon)… But for Pizza, I turn to my trusty Vitamix to whip up this delicious Quick Pizza Sauce in less than 5 minutes… which works perfectly with my Gluten Free Vegan Pizza Crust Recipe or Traditional Pizza Crust Recipe!
Here are the Tools & Ingredients used in this Recipe:
Quick Pizza Sauce Recipe in the Vitamix – Gluten Free & Vegan
This Quick & Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe in the Vitamix takes less than 5 minutes! It’s Delicious, Sugar Free, Gluten Free & Vegan!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 Cups
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 Ounces)
- 1 Can Tomato Paste (6 ounces)
- 3/4 Cup Water (6 ounces)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves (Peeled/Whole)
- 1/2 – 1 Sweet or Yellow Onion (Peeled/Quartered)
- 2 Teaspoons Basil
- 2 Teaspoons Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients into your Vitamix container & blend on Variable Speed 7-10 for 30-60 seconds. Use the tamper if necessary. If you don’t have a Vitamix, you can use a Standard Blender, Food Processor, or Immersion/Hand Blender (but you’ll need to finely chop your garlic & onions first).
- Although you can use this directly on your pizza crust, it tastes so much better if it simmers over heat for a few minutes.
- Pour sauce into a medium pot and simmer covered over medium heat for 10-15 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, Uncover, and Let cool on stovetop while you prepare you crust & toppings.
- Spread on pizza crust, use your favorite toppings & bake according to your recipe. I use approximately 3/4 cup per Medium sized crust.
This recipe makes enough for 4-6 medium size crusts (using approx. 3/4 cup of sauce per crust), but can easily be scaled to prepare in bulk.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 70
Place all ingredients into your Vitamix Container.Blend on Variable Speeds 7-10 until Sauce is Smooth.Pour into Sauce Pan. Cover & simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.Remove pan from heat and let sauce cool a bit while you prepare your dough & toppings.Spread sauce evenly on dough… This is about 3/4 cup on a Medium sized crust.Top, Bake, Say Grace & Enjoy!
(shown below with Daiya Vegan Cheese, Spinach, Onions & Black Olives)